Sunday, April 5, 2009

Orangeness

The flowers are getting a little less yellow...

...and a little more orange.

Maybe a lot more orange, although this is a very soft one...

And this is just a border of orange but it definitely makes a statement with it.

One little fish can't help but be a perfect orange...

This little bee is sort of a burnt orange (look how straight those back legs are...that bee is on a mission)...

...and then these two were on their missions too, or something, whatever they were doing it involved a lot of speed. These ladybugs are not exactly orange but then, they're not exactly red either, sort of in the middle.

And this tulip could probably be described as red but there's still some orange in it, especially at the edges.

Last night I was driving west and when I reached the top of a hill, saw the sun in the process of setting and it was huge. HUGE. I have got to remember to throw that camera in the car because it was a perfect ending to an orange day. That double-size sun was so golden it could be described as being an orange. I remember first seeing it when I reached the top of the hill and I'm not lying here, out of my mouth I heard "Ohmigawd." It was that stunning.

10 comments:

abb said...

Wonderful orange! Just wonderful. Glad you shared,.

Maria said...

I know. Isn't it pretty? You never see any orange in the winter. Orange is one of my favorite colors now but when I was a teenager, I just loathed it.

shara said...

I am an OU fan, and therefore naturally offended by orange- usually. How lovely!

shara said...

Okay- I really DO like orange- just don't tell anyone.

Deedee said...

Orange is an excellent color. the two-toned daffodils are wonderful, but I 'specially love the red-orange of the lady bird beatles.

Anonymous said...

You know you really do have an eye for some great pictures.

You also make me wish for a garden of my own but alas I live in the city so have to suffice with my little balcony!

I will just have to keep coming back to enjoy yours :)

Country Girl said...

These are gorgeous, Maria!!! Gorgeous!!

Barb said...

Stunning - just the word to describe these pictures!

45+ and Aspiring said...

Wonderfully refreshing. Beautiful. Thanks.

Maria said...

My goodness. There sure are a lot of orange fans out there.

Shara, you nut.

Wonk-I don't have lots of flowers. I wish I did. You too can convince others that you have a grove of beauty by sticking your camera into the one flower you might have blooming and then put the photo on your blog. You will fool everyone, just like I did. Ha ha ha.

Thank you everybody for all your kind comments. Photographing things that close really shows off their beauty in a new way. I love that tulip with the orange corona. I have to remember to plant more tulips like that in the fall.