Sunday, August 23, 2009

Turtle sleepover

The last couple nights have been unusually cool (in the 50s!) so the turtles have to come in for the night. Cathy Jean always goes right to sleep wherever I put her but Michael has to take his time to see what's new in the house, or something, and may take an hour or two before he chooses where he wants to sleep for the night...usually at the side of my bed.

When I wake up in the morning, I look over the side of the bed and this is what I see. An alert turtle ready to go.

Once Michael sees I'm up, it's time to turn around...

...and start the day.

So let's...

get...

going!

"Hey! Lady! Did you just go back to bed?"

I can't sleep in when there's an impatient turtle in the house so I make my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth while Michael makes his way to the kitchen door. Something's going on out there.

The smoking cat and the black cat are having a heated verbal discussion about something.

Fight over.

"Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Where IS that woman??????"

Okay, I'm finally ready to go outdoors so I grab Michael and set him down at the base of the deck steps where he proceeds to climb over whatever is in his way as fast as possible (and with as many stomps possible) to get to his favorite spot in the yard.


Almost there...

Happiness.

For a turtle, he sure carries a lot of drama around with him.

7 comments:

Leenie said...

LOL. Did you have to take pictures every twenty minutes or so to get that series? Did not know turtles could be so dramatic.

Maria said...

More like under twenty minutes for the whole thing. I just followed him around yesterday morning after we woke up. I edited out some parts of it like when Michael decided to go to the back bedroom and also his walk to the front door to see if he could get it open. But for the most part, that's a very typical morning when Michael has the occasional sleepover in the house. He's always impatient with how slow I move on weekends. And he's a turtle!

Maureen said...

That second to last image is priceless, he has so much personality.

Maria said...

He was definitely full of something that morning. Michael Ray was on a mission. It was kind of hard to keep up with him. :-)

Mental P Mama said...

He is too funny. Just like a husband!

Country Girl said...

Oh, my gosh Maria! He sure does carry a lot of drama around. He's like a puppy or something, wanting out. And that last photo . . . movie star.

Maureen said...

Good one, just like a husband. Wish I'd said that.