Monday, February 23, 2009

San Francisco, 1978

This is me at 21 posing in front of the Safeway on Market Street.

And this is Rane at 28 doing a much better job of posing than me. Ha ha ha. For some reason when I took the picture, I made sure he had a church steeple as a hat, not sure why.

Rane and I met when we both lived in Minneapolis and in 1977 we both moved to Northern California within a couple months of each other. I have not heard from him in over 20 years but a couple weeks ago he called and said he would be in Kansas City...and when he arrives tomorrow at the train station, we both get to try and figure out what old strange looking person is the former person we knew. We both now have white hair and I'm 52 (which I find really funny because it sounds so old) but Rane is going to be 60 and that I think, is even funnier. Rane said people don't really change that much. I know that's true but if we don't recognize each other, I'm going to have to reconsider my opinion on that one. :-)

6 comments:

kim said...

I love those photos, so romantic...

Mental P Mama said...

60 is waaaaay funnier than 52. Have fun;)

Country Girl said...

I don't think people change all that much either. I'm 52 as well. I am a spring chicken.

Deedee said...

Great pix! I know, I am 52 also and I really can't believe it. Have fun!

The Wife O Riley said...

Great pictures!

You guys will definitely reconize each other and it will be just like old times.

Maria said...

I had so much fun. It was an interesting experience to spend time with someone who remembers your 20s in such detail. I was astonished and horrified at some of the stories. Ha ha ha.