Sunday, July 26, 2009

Another beautiful day in the garden...

Finally the caladiums are starting to look good (I got a late start in planting them this year).

The purple pineapple lily is starting to open its flowers. They don't all open at once but instead start at the bottom and work themselves up.

The individual little flowers are very pretty. They also attract ants. Two ants kissing are kind of sweet.

Three ants is an infestation, um, I mean crowd.

I decided to grow a couple bulbs of eucomis bicolor for the first time this year (they opened a week or so ago). The individual flowers of this pineapple lily are a little different than the one with the purple leaves.

I love the the look of the flower clusters in this closeup.

Pineapples are considered a symbol of hospitality.

And turtles obviously aren't. Look at that face on Cathy Jean.

And rather than share a space or spend any time with me in sight...

she's.......

outahere.

If turtles could spit, I'm sure she'd be doing that too. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like she's been taking tips from Michael Ray on how to give you the evil eye, LOL.

Pretty flower pics as ever :)

Mental P Mama said...

I like her 'tude;) Those flowers are beautiful....

Linda said...

The flowers are beautiful but it's the turtles I'm hoping to see when I open your blog. I like 'turtle days.'

Maria said...

Wonk. That seems to be true. Cathy Jean usually stays hidden in that area and tolerates me while she waits for me to leave but I really offended her for being in her line of sight too long yesterday. It was a gorgeous day so I don't know what got into her. She had to march around in a big circle hoping that by the time she got to where she started, I'd be gone. And I was.

Mental-Yep. Those turts sure have 'tudes.

Linda-Oh, I don't have to keep writing about them, do I? What is with you guys? Those twins are so bad. I don't even know where they are right now. Again, a beautiful day and the two of them are hunkered down somewhere so I can't see them and they can't see me.

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness Maria the pineapple lilies are just spectacular !! So beautiful in fact I'm surprised Cathy Jean and Michael Ray weren't lying next to them contemplating where in paradise they were....LOL

I, on the other hand would like to toss my hat in the ring to see some postings on Miss Stella, surely she's been up to something these days so pleassssse write about her. Everytime I see her little head sticking out of that teapot I just crack up laughing. Happy weekend to you and the pets

Maria said...

Dawn-Stella is actually on my shoulder right now. We just watched a movie via Netflix and she was not too happy because I picked a Masters of Horror episode from HBO. Birds are very telepathic so there was a lot of flying off and screaming and flying back to my shoulder during the one hour episode. Last time I try to do that again. I'll try and write something about Stella this weekend. I don't think anything can top that teapot episode though. :-)