Saturday, April 4, 2009

First bug of the season

I found this little guy crawling on the keyboard of my computer this afternoon. She got picked right up and put back outside. What a face! ...if you can find it...because I can see several.

Anyway, once she was put outside, she was off!

Go. Go. Go. Go. Go. Go.

Gotta go, go, go, go, go, go.

I can see why they named a car after this little guy. Those little legs were fast and steady. I'm sure their speed could be measured in miles per hour.

Once the little beetle flew off, I went into the backyard to photograph my remaining Thalia daffodils. They're one of my favorites and I need to remember to plant more in the fall. They're late bloomers and although the blossoms are small, they bloom in clumps. They also are heavily scented. They are so white and delicate and pretty.

But to their right, another one of those crazy ladybugs with the many faces and spots traveling at an insane but steady speed.

Go. Go. Go. Go. Go. Go.

She was just as fast but I think there was something wrong with her steering wheel.

She could only make left turns. Nothing but left turns.

Round and round and round she went. 

I gave up before she did. I left her while she kept driving in her circles. I hope she eventually settled down and found a good parking place for the night. :-)

6 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

She was waiting to get back inside!

Barb said...

My mother (who was always right) said Lady Bugs bring you good luck. Maybe you're going to win the lottery! Your bug pictures are marvelous.

Maria said...

Mental-I wouldn't call that waiting. Those little legs were on a mission. She was an odd one. :-)

Barb-What a great little piece of information. These last three months have been extraordinary stinkers for a lot of people in my life and I sure do hope you're right and that these two girls bring some good luck to the month of April. It is needed. I forgot all about bugs and their symbols.

Also, trying to photograph those two ladybugs with my macro feature on my Canon Elph made me remember that I wanted an SLR for this year. I'm going to start researching cameras today. :-)

abb said...

Ladybugs are such lovely creatures.

shara said...

My Granny used to purchase ladybugs by the carton and put them on her flowers. I loved it! Thanks for the pics!

Country Girl said...

Nice ladybugs, Maria. They're speedy little buggers, aren't they?