Monday, October 13, 2008

Made a pot roast on Sunday and look who showed up for dinner.....

"Hey Lady....I dropped by for dinner but you seem to have the screen door latched shut.....I tried to open it with my nose but it's not budging. Oh, when you serve the pot roast, don't forget the gravy.....lots of it......... and keep it coming."

Huh???? I told him no. Tried to reason with him. Even poked his nose with my finger. The nerve. But he was adamant about his dinner plans.

This is not good, is it?


It's not like he's ever had dinner here before. 

I closed the door on the scamp and watched to see when he would go away. I have a feeling this is not the first house he's walked up to and asked for dinner. And I also have a feeling he's been studying the routes of the stray cats. He even knows the best spots on the deck to get a good view of what's going on inside the kitchen (like the cats). He even looks like a cat.

Why does bad have to be so darn cute?

6 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Awww. You and your animals...that 'coon is just adorable.

Maria said...

He IS cute and he knows it! I just heard about foxes living in the neighborhood and also.....coyotes. Coyotes??? By the end of the year, who knows what else might find its way into my backyard to get its picture taken. Wolverines, wombats and wolves. Oh my!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Is this a raccoon? Have only ever seen pictures. You say he is "bad" are they a nuisance? Probably a bit like our grey squirrels.

Maria said...

Yep. A raccoon. They can be very destructive. He was working very hard at getting that back screen door open while I was standing right there!

He lingered a couple hours on the deck while trying to get a good view into the kitchen. They have such chubby pear shaped bodies and they look almost human the way they try to get comfortable on something that just doesn't fit. At one point he was hanging off part of the deck railing, his little arms hanging in the front, his back legs hanging off the back. It was really funny.

They are so cute but I don't want to encourage this little guy to move in. I need my chimney and attic! I wasn't entirely heartless though. He might not have gotten any pot roast, but he did get a handful of green grapes. :-)

Country Girl said...

The nuns of my Catholic school youth had an apt description for behavior such as this. They would have called him a Bold, Brazen Article. He is that.

Maria said...

I LOVE that description. That's right up there with your sense of hummer. :-)