Friday, October 24, 2008

It's cold. It's rainy. It's October.


It's ironic that the colder it gets, the warmer the colors of the leaves get. I am already missing the days that last until 9 or 10 at night. :-( In a couple weeks, when Daylight Savings Time ends, this will be me in the tupperware...

So I'm putting up this little movie of a perfect summer night. Just to remind me that summer will happen again and fireflies will return and maybe next spring the peony bushes might surprise me with some flowers (doubtful, Michael Ray gets better at taking them down before they bloom every year, but for now I'm going to maintain a little hope).

This little movie was taken in July at Knuckleheads, a blues bar in the East Bottoms area of the Missouri River. It's a former boarding house built in 1887 that is located by the train tracks. That is a real train you see passing by in the background. Except for the guy playing the acoustic guitar, it was a perfect night. I thought he was a bad dancer and that maybe he should just stay still. Maja said he was imitating the people who were dancing below the stage. Errrgh. Did not like him one bit. But other than that, a really good memory of summer.

2 comments:

Country Girl said...

It's been beautiful here, and I'm sorry to admit but I actually like winter. Not bitter cold, bone-biting awful howling winter, but quiet winter with snow on the ground that makes everything so quiet. I hope these fireplaces work here.

Maria said...

I like all the seasons too. We don't get that many big lingering snow on the ground winters here but when there is snow on the ground, there's nothing prettier. I just wish the days were as long as the summer ones. I guess that's what I'm missing. Lonnnnnng days. These short days make me feel like I'm missing deadlines to getting things done. :-/

And you get to live in a house with fireplace(S)! I forgot, you live in a house so old that it probably has fireplaces to keep the other fireplaces warm. That's going to be fun.