Thursday, October 2, 2008

Eddie's house (my brother Eddie, not the bird Eddie) July 3, 2008

My brother Eddie got married on July 4 (he and and his new wife called it their "End of Independence Day"). I heard a couple weeks ago that his old house was sold. Sad. I understand why he bought a new house to start his new life but that old house of his was sooooo great. 

A view out the back door...

Turn to the left...

Now turn again and look straight ahead behind the deck...

Look to the right...

Maybe check out the front of the house (but I don't think anyone did, the back of the house was too compelling).

Settle down on the bench and look up and watch the tall, tall trees sway, sway, swaying in the light breeze under the blue sky.

This guy is going to miss that house a lot. There were a lot of nice parties on that back deck and Boo and his brother Bacchus were excellent hosts.

5 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

That looks wonderful...I bet those turtles liked to visit their uncle. But, change is good, too. Good luck to Eddie and his bride;)

snakey said...

dang, that is some amazing spot!
the TREES!

Maria said...

"Snakey"-I tried to take a little movie looking up at the trees just to remember the spot because it was so peaceful and so pretty and so crystal clear (that upper Michigan air is something else). But all I captured was that wind noise that the camera creates. Dang. But at least I got a movie of the pretty tall trees-just didn't capture the lovely sound of the wind passing through the leaves. It IS an amazing spot.

I'm still the walking dead from last weekend's freelance assignment but I'm hoping to finish up the Michigan story tonight.

MP Mama-I have never travelled with the turtles. My experience with flying is always so grueling that it would be very satisfying to let those airline personnel deal with some irate turtles instead of an irate me. Good idea. >:-)

Country Girl said...

Gosh, that's gorgeous!

Maria said...

Kate-It really is. I just love all those trees. Eddie's new house is high up on a bluff and overlooks the bay. Yes, it's a stunning view but there's something about the privacy of being under all those trees.